Last Day of School
If you did not already mark your calendars, please note that the last day of school, Thursday, June 13, is a FULL DAY. Originally scheduled as an early release, this is make up time for winter snow days and kids will not get out until 2:32.
I am please to share with our families that the Wisconsin Dept. of Public Instruction has again selected Leopold as a Wisconsin PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports) School of Distinction. Leopold was one of 87 schools statewide to be recognized as a School of Distinction for the 2012‐13 school year. Congratulations to our staff for their hard work on this initiative.
Summer Garden Help
Jennifer Compton, Leopold VISTA, is looking for families to adopt the garden this summer! Ten volunteers are needed to adopt the garden for a week at a time. It can be as little work as watering it a few times during your week and as much fun as taking your family out every day for picnics, weeding, watering, etc. The dates are: 6/17-6/23, 6/24-6/30, 7/1-7/7, 7/8-7/14, 7/15-7/21, 7/22-7/28, 7/29-8/4, 8/5-8/11, 8/12-8/18, 8/19-8/25, 8/26-9/1, 9/1-9/8 (or every week Mon-Sun. starting June 17 and ending Sept. 8.) Jennifer will send a reminder e-mail to families the day before their week starts with a full set of instructions/information.
Please contact Jennifer at (608) 204-4334 (o) or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
Leopold's UNITY Group will be holding a bake sale on Tuesday, June 11 from 7:20-8:30 am and 12:15-2:45 pm in the Leopold lobby. If you would like to make a donation or volunteer for the bake sale, please contact Billie Johnson at 658-4196 or Myra McNair at 204-4336.
If you want to join Leopold families at the Pepsi Tailgate party at the Madison Mallards game on August 10, you can still order tickets. Please fill out the order form and return to school this week or mail with payment to:
Attn: Kris Aman / Madison Mallards
2602 Post Road
Madison, WI 53713
If you need a form, please email me and I will send you one.
Please continue to support our school over the summer months! Remember:
- Collect box tops all year long. We will send home sheets again in the fall when school starts and it's nice to have a big stash ready for your child's class. You can also shop online and collect eBoxTops.
- Use your Target debit or credit card. Make sure you've selected Leopold as your school of choice to receive 1% back from every purchase. You also get 5% off of everything you purchase at Target. Remember to ask grandmas, grandpas, aunts and uncles to select Leopold too!
- Shop at Amazon. By going to the PFO website and clicking on the amazon ad to enter amazon.com, Leopold will automatically get a percentage of everything you purchase.
- My Coke Rewards points. Collect these points off of coke products, then enter them online and donate your points to Leopold!
- Labels for Education. Continue to cut out these labels and turn them in. We use the points to purchase products needed at school.
You can find more details on all of these programs here.
I do not have plans to send regular communications over the summer. I'm sure you're all ready for a break from me! I will drop those families from our mail list that have only a 5th grader at Leopold, but if you no longer have a student at Leopold and continue to receive my emails, please email me to let me know and I'll remove your address from my list. If you know of any incoming kindergarten families, please send them my way, I'd love to get names added as we can and welcome those new families to Leopold.
The PFO would like to welcome Sara Dawkins to the Board! Sara will work with Jill in transitioning into the Vice President role. We are so excited to have Sara join us. We are working on transitioning our treasurer position as well, and we will let you know when that is finalized. Our PFO Board has worked very hard this year to do great things for our school. We hope that both families and staff find our efforts beneficial. Just last week we added some new furniture to the school lobby to give it a warmer and more welcoming feel. We welcome any feedback you have and we look forward to another fun year ahead.