Why do we need a Referendum April 7th?
Physical buildings help create an environment for great teaching and learning. This referendum addresses MMSD's most urgent facility needs.
- Constructing additions to five elementary schools.
- Ensuring that schools are accessible to all students, staff, families and community members.
- Renovating a few school buildings and improving learning spaces.
- Upgrading infrastructure to support students' increasing use of technology
Madison Values Education
- Good schools are essential to a strong community.
- Our schools are our future.
- Quality education attracts business and home buyers.
- Crowded, outdated schools make teaching and learning more difficult.
- All of our schools need to be accessible and welcoming to all students, family, and the entire community.
- Our students deserve safe and improved access to technology.
- The state school finance system makes it difficult to invest in facilities without a referendum.
- Since 2011, voters in over 90 Wisconsin School Districts have approved referendum to invest in facilities.
- Approving this referendum will reduce the pressures on the operating budget.
More info/get involved links: