The Leopold Elementary Parent Faculty Organization (PFO) exists to support families, students and staff at Leopold. Our motto is: Encouraging Kids. Connecting Families. Serving Leopold. We welcome all families to volunteer, offer ideas and input, and work to make our school the best it can be. You can contact us using the emails below, or using the form provided. We appreciate your input!
- Preside over all meetings of the PFO.
- Prepare each meeting's agenda with assistance from PFO Secretary
- Serve as the primary contact for Leopold Principal and Community Schools Coordinator
- Represent the PFO at relevant school meetings, community school groups and district wide meetings
- Assist in the total coordination of all committees and the PFO as a whole.
- Provide information and communication to parents and school staff on behalf of the Board.
- Identify and coordinate writing grants on behalf of the PFO that addresses Leopold community school needs.
- Public Relations: Work with local press, including print, online and TV, to promote positive programming, school activities and Leopold success stories to the Madison and Fitchburg communities
- Perform the duties of the President in his/her absence, resignation, or inability to serve.
- Manage the PFO bank account, withdrawals and deposits
- File taxes annually, pay for insurance and manage the Leopold PFO paypal account
- Create the annual budget and present the budget at PFO meetings when needed
- Collect purchase receipts and write reimbursement checks, keep an ongoing record of receipts and payments
- Attend monthly PFO Board meetings and help out when possible at PFO sponsored Community Nights
- Provide cash and cash boxes for PFO sponsored events when necessary
- Monthly PFO Board Meetings: Draft agendas, send reminders, attend meetings, take and share minutes
- As able, help plan and attend PFO sponsored Community Nights
- If applicable, attend, take and share minutes of PFO general meetings
- As able, attend and take minutes of PFO, Leopold Admin, & Adopt a School monthly meeting
- Promote Leopold PFO information, meetings and events on Leopold PFO website and social media
- If desired by Leopold Principal & Admin, contribute to monthly school newsletter. (Formerly known as Leopold Voices)
- Solicit content from relevant groups (admin, staff, PFO, school partners, other parent-led groups)
- Communicate deadlines and work with the BRS to obtain translations
STAFF APPRECIATION CHAIR
- Plan and implement activities throughout the school year to express our gratitude and support of the Leopold staff.
- Traditionally events have included: Back to School breakfast, Mailbox Treats before Thanksgiving Break, Holiday Treat Day, Staff Appreciation Week and May Luncheon