Make your week of holiday preparations a little easier by dining out at Qdoba on Tuesday night, December 17. Come between 5 and 9 pm to Qdoba at 5401 Caddis Bend in Fitchburg and 10% of your purchase will go to the Leopold PFO! You must show your flyer to receive credit, but showing the flyer on your smart phone will be accepted. If you would like to reprint your flyer, or show it at Qdoba you may do so from our blog HERE.
Staff Treat Day
On behalf of our families, the PFO organizes staff treat day each year on the Friday before winter break (you might remember extra cookies in your house from last year as it was a snow day the Friday before break!). We ask that families bring an item to share with staff to show our appreciation. A flyer was sent home, so if you could fill it out and return it, that will help us determine what we have and need. If you don't have the flyer, feel free to just reply to this email. Please consider bringing one of the following items:
- holiday treat such as cookies, bars or homemade candies
- fresh veggies and dip
- cheese and crackers
Drop off your items in the school office on December 19th after school or in the teachers' lounge on December 20 by 8:00 am.
If you would like to volunteer for this event, please contact Sara Dawkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In an effort to get money directly into our classrooms and support our staff, the PFO recently established a teacher grant program. All staff members were offered the opportunity to apply. The PFO set aside $5,000 total in grant funds and grant applications could be for any amount, up to $1,000 each. The PFO received 14 outstanding applications and we are pleased to say we were able to fulfill at least part of each grant request. Here is a list of the items and projects granted:
- Cheri Watt (all school) - grant to support new student council at Leopold, beginning in January
- Jackie Smith and Hannah Braverman (Grade 4) - Spanish guided reading libraries
- Kendra Cerniglia (Grade 3) - iPad headphones with microphones
- Caroline Michaelis, Ronnita Nesimoglu and Becky Brown-Zehren (all school) - headphones for netbook carts
- Linda Slaveney (Grade 2) - Spanish story books to study Fact / Opinion writing
- Kao Yong Thao, Delia Watkins and Addy Miller (all school) - Leopold Math Night
- Susanna Alvarez (Grade 3) - Spanish books for classroom library
- Cheri Watt (Grade 3)- Math mentor texts
- Tracy Smith (Grade 3)- Culturally responsive mentor texts
- Cheri Watt (Grade 3) - iPad headphones with microphones
- Becky Brown-Zehren (Grade 5) - anti-bullying project and video
- Daniella Porro (school counselor) - kindergarten social skills
- Callie King (Grade 1) - classroom iPad
- Courtney Ramirez (Grade 1) - classroom iPad
- Jenni Stitgen (Grade 1) - classroom iPad
Also on this note, the PFO provided training for our staff with iPads in their classrooms by brining in some teachers from Sandburg Elementary to talk about ways to use iPads effectively in classrooms. It was very helpful for those who attended to learn about tried-and-tested, practical applications for this great technology.
Have a great week and a fun and safe winter break!
Remember to check all your holiday meal packages for boxtops and shop through our amazon link as you finish your holiday shopping!